It is late November 1925, and as the society pages journalist at the Daily Herald, you’d normally be stuck covering some debutante ball on a Saturday night, but by a stroke of good fortune you’ve scored an invitation to THE most talked about party of the year. It’s a lavish affair being thrown by infamous antiquities collector and amateur Egyptologist, Lord Herewerrd Baughshaugh, who is promising an exclusive look at an ancient mask at midnight.
You should simply be excited, but the invitation came with complications. Someone had written the word ‘Murder’ on your invitation and underlined ‘midnight’. There was also a newspaper clipping enclosed about the recent death of a worker at Crablorr Castle, the ancestral seat of Lord B.
It seems someone inside the castle wants you to take a closer look at the man’s death and possibly stop another murder from being committed. It could be dangerous, but if you were to bag an exclusive story involving the richest man in Britain, it could be just the ticket to launch your career. Do YOU have what it takes to solve the mystery dish the dirt on whatever you find?
Simply book online, instantly receive an email with playing instructions, then you can play when you want, and with who you want. Play using the custom online interface, with built-in video connection allowing you to see your playing partners remotely wherever they are.
The listed price is per 1 team.
No minimum age, family-friendly.
Duration: 1.5 hours.
Availability: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Group size: 2-5 people per team is recommended.
Difficulty: 16 clues- Moderate/family an exciting archaeology adventure for the whole family!
How it works:
1. Once you obtained the Epic Experiences voucher you’ll receive an email shortly with the Access Code in order to proceed with the game.
2. Download a free App. On the day you are planning to play, activate your game by entering your email address and access code into the App.
3. You will need a computer or tablet to access clues on the internet during your game. If you plan to play with friends remotely we suggest connecting over your preferred communications tool such as Skype or Zoom.
4. Clues will appear in the App. Enter the correctly spelled answer to receive the next one. Incorrect answers cost time penalties added to your final score.
See REMOTE PLAY Notes below.
You may add additional phones within your team AFTER you have started and received your first clue – simply repeat the login process using the same email and password.
5. Read your instructions and backstory, then enter READY to start the clock and begin playing.
6. Clues will appear in the App. Enter the correctly spelled answer to receive the next one. Incorrect answers cost time penalties added to your final score.
7. Stuck on a clue? Ask for solution hints. These hints cost time penalties added to your final score, but used strategically may be well worth it!
8. Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery.
Information on how to register for this experience will be provided in your experience voucher.