Explore Gastown and other historic areas of the city as you track the combination to a 100-year-old treasure chest. A wealthy stoker on the first train to arrive in Vancouver in 1887 left behind a chest of valuables with a trapped lock. Follow a trail of clues to solve the combination – but be warned, it’s tough and there are a lot of fun distractions along the way!
Simply book online and instantly receive an email with playing instructions. To begin the adventure you will need to download the App, go to the start location, enter the password and follow the clues.
This Vancouver Clue Solving outdoor adventure is suitable for date nights, family and friends outings, and makes a great team-building activity. Would you be up for the challenge?
The listed price is per 1 team.
Minimum age: 12 years, children ideally playing with adults.
Duration: 2.5 hours.
Season: available year-round.
Schedule: the game runs daily. Start at any time, just finish before dark.
Group size: 2-5 people per team is recommended.
Walking distance: 4 km.
Difficulty: 27 challenging but fun clues, great teamwork will be essential!
Each team needs to download an app, information will be provided at the time of registration for the game.
What you will need:
– One charged smartphone (iPhone 5s or newer; Android 4.4 or later)is required per group,
– Comfortable walking shoes,
– Dress for the weather,
– Water is suggested.
How it works:
1. The Clue Solving Adventure is played using the Free App. Data or Wi-Fi is only required to download the App and activate your game – it is not required while playing, the App has a REMOTE PLAY feature.
2. On the day you are planning to play, activate your game by entering your email address and booking code into the App
3. Go to the Start Location provided in booking confirmation, read your instructions and backstory, then enter READY to start the clock and begin playing.
4. If you are stuck on a clue ask for hints on reaching your destination or for solutions. These hints cost time penalties added to your final score but used strategically they may be well worth it!
5. Complete all the clues and solve the final mystery.
Information on how to register for this experience will be provided in your experience voucher.
How Epic Experiences works