Be dazzled by a sky full of more stars than you can possibly imagine. The Stargazing Snowshoe Tour will show you a side of Kananaskis Country and the Rocky Mountains that you may have never seen before.
Join the skilled interpreter on a starlit snowshoe through a frosty forest, enjoy a hot drink in a mountain meadow and be awed by the incredible vastness of the milky way before your eyes. attendees will ultimately end up in an open meadow to enjoy the cosmos.
Bringing a tripod and a camera is encouraged for anyone hoping to get that priceless photo, and anyone will be able to take a look through the supplied telescope to get a closer look at the twinkling lights.
Minimum age: 12 years.
Duration: 2 hours.
Tour schedule: every Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 9 :00 pm – November to February; 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm – March.
A minimum of two participants is required to run the tour, with a max of 14.
Tour runs rain, snow, or shine; cloudy or overcast. However, should the guides deem the conditions unsafe for snowshoeing, Experience Provider reserves the right to reschedule the tour to a later date
The use of snowshoes for this tour depends on snow depth; if there is not sufficient snow the tour will involve hiking.
All participants must sign a waver.
Your tour includes:
– A friendly tour guide,
– Snowshoes and headlamp,
– A hot drink.
Dressing appropriately for the weather is essential.
What to wear:
– Thermal winter boots, Sorels or similar. UGG style boots will NOT work. There is a limited number of winter boots available for rent if you do not own this kind of footwear,
– Warm hat, warm gloves or mitts,
– Warm comfortable clothes to snowshoe in such as wool or fleece (preferably not cotton), dress in layers,
– Winter jacket – try to avoid heavy ski jackets unless it is very cold. A warm, breathable jacket is ideal,
– Lightly insulated pants or winter hiking pants,
– Small backpack, to carry extra layers, water, snacks and to put an extra layer back into if you are too hot.
Information on how to book this tour will be provided in your experience voucher.