Experience a new way to play in the winter and explore the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies on this cycling Fat Bike tour.
Head out on a Rocky Mountain Blizzard fat bike with 4.8″ wide tires, to visit a frozen waterfall! Your fat-bike’s wide tires help you cover the terrain with ease. This tour requires biking experience but you don’t need to be an expert. The bikes are geared low to make it easy to pedal on the snow. As one of the tour guides says, “It feels like you are doing something you shouldn’t be able to do. That’s why people are loving it so much”.
Minimum age: 14 years.
Duration: 2.5 hours.
Season: December to March.
Schedule: tour runs every Saturday from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm*. *Time and days may be subject to change.
A minimum of two participants is required to run the tour, with a max of 6.
Basic cycling experience is required for this tour.
Tour runs rain, snow, or shine. Should the guides deem the conditions unsafe for riding the Experience Provider reserves the right to reschedule at a later date.
Please dress appropriately for the weather.
What to bring:
– Warm comfortable clothes to bike in (preferably not cotton), dress in layers; long underwear, winter jacket try to avoid heavy ski jackets unless it is very cold. Pick a jacket that is appropriate for temperature and snug fitting pants.
– Thin hat (to fit under your helmet,
– Gloves or mitts,
– Small backpack, with a bottle of water and a snack,
– Thermal winter boots or hiking boots, nothing too heavy,
– A small day pack to carry all those extra layers, water, and to put an extra layer back into if you are too hot,
– If you have your own ski/snowboard helmet and goggles or sunglasses please bring them as you will be most comfortable in your own gear.
Your tour includes:
– A friendly guide
– Fat bike and helmet
Information on how to book this tour will be provided in your experience voucher.