Enjoy a beautiful snowshoe tour beneath a blanket of stars and lit by the moon. On your hike admire the view of the stars and milky way before reaching the open meadow to look closely at the full moon through the supplied telescope. Finish your tour with a hot drink. This experience is the perfect date night for outdoorsy couples!
Minimum age: 12 years.
Duration: 2 hours.
Tour schedule: every Friday and Saturday 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm on the night closest to the Full Moon – November to February; 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm – nights closest to the Full Moon in March.
Season: November – March.
Tour runs rain, snow, or shine; cloudy or overcast. However, should the guides deem the conditions unsafe for snowshoeing, Experience Provider reserves the right to reschedule the tour to a later date.
A minimum of two participants is required to run the tour, with a max of 14.
The use of snowshoes for this tour depends on snow depth; if there is not sufficient snow the tour will involve hiking.
All participants must sign a waver.
Your tour includes:
– A friendly tour guide,
– A hot drink.
Dressing appropriately for the weather is essential.
What to wear:
– Thermal winter boots, Sorels or similar. UGG style boots will NOT work. There is a limited number of winter boots for rent if you do not own this kind of footwear,
– Warm hat, sunglasses, warm gloves or mitts,
– Warm comfortable clothes to snowshoe in such as wool or fleece or (preferably not cotton), dress in layers; long underwear, a mid layer (ex: fleece or softshell) and a jacket are perfect,
– Winter jacket – try to avoid heavy ski jackets unless it is very cold. A warm, breathable jacket is ideal,
– Lightly insulated pants or winter hiking pants,
– Small backpack, to carry extra layers, water, snacks and to put an extra layer back into if you are too hot.
Information on how to book this tour will be provided in your experience voucher.