Learn or improve your skiing technique on the beautiful trails in Kananaskis, so you can maximize your time and enjoyment when out on the trail. During this 2 hour Cross Country Ski lesson you will gain more confidence and learn the basics of classic skiing so you will be ready to venture out on your own.
Minimum age: 6 years.
Season: December to March.
Tour schedule: daily from 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
A minimum of two participants is required to run the tour, with a max of 8.
The tour runs rain, snow, or shine. However, should our guides deem the conditions unsafe for cross country skiing, we reserve the right to reschedule the tour to a later date.
All participants must sign a waver.
Your tour includes:
– A certified instructor,
– All necessary equipment such is boots, skis and poles.
What to wear:
– Warm hat, neckwarmer, sunglasses, gloves or mitts that are warm but not too bulky.
– Warm comfortable clothes to xc ski in (preferably not cotton). Dress in layers: long underwear, a mid layer (ex: fleece) and a jacket are perfect.
– Winter jacket – try to avoid heavy ski jackets unless it is very cold. A warm, breathable jacket is ideal.
– Lightly insulated pants or xc ski pants or long johns and thick hiking pants.
– Warm socks (wool or synthetic, no cotton please). If you don’t have thick socks layer 2 thinner pairs.
– Small backpack to put snack, bottle of water an extra layer back into if you are too hot.
Remember cross country skiing is an active sport and you will probably need to dress cooler than you might think, plan for contingencies in your layering system.
Information on how to book this tour will be provided in your experience voucher.