Setting aside time to treat yourself is essential, but with a plethora of tips and ideas on the internet, the concept can come across as generic. Most of the time, some of these “treat yourself tips” will include going out for a walk, taking a long hot bath, or buying yourself some dinner. Although these are enjoyable tasks, we can’t help but crave activities that seem more like treats.
With that being said, the best experience gifts you can give yourself is by choosing activities that make you feel good unapologetically that also add value to your lives. Besides, the way you treat yourself tells a lot about your character and how much you value your wellbeing.
If you are looking for new ways to treat yourself, read on. read on. Here’s what you need to know about this critical concept, why you should do it, and some activities you should do. Love yourself a little bit more today, and keep reading!
Why Treating Yourself is Important and How Do You Do It?
Treats are much different than rewards. Rewards are justified or earned, while treats are considered simple and small pleasures that you allow yourself to indulge in because you want it.
When you don’t set aside time to treat yourself, you may start feeling resentful, depleted, angry, and ungrateful. This feeling will only make you crave comfort more and put you in a negative headspace.
So, when you’re treating yourself, remember these three things:
- – Ensure you’re not impulse buying and you’ve decided to treat yourself;
- – Don’t buy treats or experiences you can’t afford that could make you feel stressed out, and finally;
- – Know the experiences that will bring you joy.
Healthy “Treat Yourself List” For Extra Inspiration
Many people think that you need to spend lots of money to treat yourself. When you do this, it’s actually an unhealthy way to treat yourself and add more clutter to your life. With that being said, practice healthy self-love to ensure you make the most out of your treat day.
If you’re in a rut and not sure about how you should spend your self-love day, here are some healthy ideas that may spark some inspiration for you:
- – Buy books in your “Want to Read” list and experience another world through the writings of other people;
- – Give yourself the best experience gift like an aroma massage or book a Hot Stones Spa Edmonton and treat yourself to a hot sauna day;
- – Eat colorfully and buy fresh fruits and vegetables;
- – Change your work environment for the day and accomplish tasks in a nice cafe or coworking space;
- – Reconnect with your friends via video call or hang out in nature to help you stay grounded;
The Wrap Up: Finding Things That Brings You Joy
Treating yourself is more than just buying items and booking spa appointments and dinner reservations. The main goal of treating yourself is to elevate the way you feel and improve your overall mental health and wellbeing. With that being said, when you’re thinking of the best experience gift for yourself, ensure you’re choosing activities that will leave you feeling great and renewed.
Where Can I Find the Best Experience Gifts in Alberta?
Whether you’re finding an experience gift for yourself or you’re loved on, Epic Experiences has got you covered. From adventure-filled activities to getaway experiences, Epic Experiences makes it easy for you to make unforgettable memories, thanks to our selection of unique and curated experiences.
Check out the different experiences we offer today!